Companies and individuals must comply with environmental regulations. Various agencies for example the municipality and the Haaglanden Environmental Service (ODH) monitor this.

For example, you can report on:

  • air pollution
  • soil pollution
  • odor nuisance
  • noise pollution
  • illegal dumping of waste
  • illegal keeping of (protected) animals

Complaint about a fireplace or wood-burning stove?

Do you suffer from a fireplace, wood-burning stove or outdoor fire? Often this can be solved with good conversation and simple stoking tips. Many people who fire wood are unaware of the nuisance they cause.

Can't solve the problem together? Then follow the step-by-step plan below.

Step 1

You report the nuisance to the municipality via:

Report, complaint, objection, question

Step 2

The person causing the complaints will receive a letter with tips for stoking a wood stove or fireplace.

Step 3

If the notification states that, for example:

  • the flue
  • the air supply
  • the building structure
  • the length of flue

are not in order, then the building inspector asks the resident for a technical report from a certified ASPB company. The building inspector performs only a brief scan.

Step 4

Concerned about fire safety? Call the Haaglanden Safety Region, phone: 088 - 886 80 00. They can impose a burning ban.

Step 5

Is everything correct? Then the parties must resolve it among themselves.

Nuisance persons?

You report environmental pollution, odor or noise nuisance caused by persons through:

Report, complaint, objection, question

Nuisance from a company?

You report environmental pollution, odor or noise pollution from a business through:

Notification Omgevingsdienst Haaglanden (ODH).