Playing Outside

From seesaw, swing and cable car to skate park and water play area. Outdoor play is important for children of all ages. It stimulates the imagination and challenges. That is why the municipality, together with residents, provides nice playgrounds for everyone. Around the corner in the neighborhood, but also at city farms, on schoolyards or in city parks.

Approach to playgrounds

In 2024, the municipality of Zoetermeer will tackle playgrounds in various places. Check out where we will be working. Complete the survey before June 10 and let us know what children would like to do at their playgrounds.


An overview of playgrounds can be found at | Playgrounds in Zoetermeer. Or view the map of playgrounds and play equipment for a playground near you.

Inspection of playground equipment

Play equipment and places are checked 4 times a year. This way we ensure the necessary maintenance and its safety.

Also for children with disabilities

We value accessibility of public spaces and playgrounds for everyone, including children with disabilities. Together with residents and neighborhood organizations, we are working on a separate overview of playgrounds that have play facilities for these children. Think of places with a net swing or disabled carousel.

In December 2022, we installed a pictogram sign at the playground of play farm Het Buitenbeest. ISAAC-NF Foundation designed this sign specifically for playgrounds. This sign allows more children and adults to play together here. For more information:

Playrooms Note

We want all children aged 0 to 17 to be able to play to their hearts' content in public spaces. Our play policy is contained in the 2016-2026 Play Space Memorandum Giving Space! View the analysis and exploration by age of children now and in 5 years on the play page. The replacement and improvement of play areas in the coming years is done in close consultation with the neighborhood.

Submit and report ideas

Do you have ideas about improving a playground? Or is a piece of equipment broken? If so, please report it via the contact form or the MijnGemeente app.