You do not need an exemption for making music (as well as dance and drama) without amplification. You may not use amplified sound for example with a microphone, (sound) box or cell phone. Do you want to use amplification? Then you must apply for an exemption.

A street performer:

  • Acts for a maximum of 30 minutes within an imaginary circle with a radius of 50 meters.
  • Does not perform within 50 meters of an event.
  • May not go "back and forth" between 2 of the same places.

Requesting an exemption

You request the exemption from the municipality. To do so, call 14 079.

Please include the following information:

  • the place of your performance
  • the date and time(s) of your performance


Exemption performing street performer

Price changes and typographical errors reserved.

How long will it take?

You will receive notification from the municipality within 8 weeks whether you will receive the waiver.


Do you disagree with the decision? Then you can object within 6 weeks.