Do you disagree with a decision made by the municipality? Then you can file an objection. The municipality will then make a decision on the objection. 

What you need to know

  • The decision will always tell you if and how you can object.
  • Your objection must be received by us within 6 weeks from the date of the decision.
  • Are you not logging in with DigiD or sending your objection by mail? Then don't forget to include your name, address, e-mail, telephone number, if any, and the reason for your objection in the objection.
  • Also submit a copy of the decision you wish to object to.

Online Arranging

You can object to:

Municipal taxes or a WOZ assessment

For more information, see:

Taxes, objection

or object directly via:


Rejection of benefits, Wmo assistance request or youth assistance, for example

You must log in with your DigiD.

Objection, benefit, Wmo assistance request or youth assistance

Rejection of, for example, an environmental permit, traffic decision, urgency declaration or grant

You must log in with your DigiD.


A parking fine

P1 Parking Service Zoetermeer

A fine from an enforcer

  • You will receive the official decision (fine) after 6 to 8 weeks through the CJIB.
  • You must file an objection with the CJIB. The back of the order tells you how to do that.
  • For more information, visit the CJIB website .

How long will it take?

Objection taxes

By law, we handle your objection by December 31 of each year. Is that not possible? Then you will be notified. Has the objection been submitted in the last 6 weeks of the calendar year? Then the Tax Department will decide within 12 weeks after the date of the assessment notice.

Objection to benefits, Wmo or youth aid

The municipality of Zoetermeer has a Objections Committee. This Committee decides on your objection within 12 weeks. In some cases, this period must be extended. You will always be notified of this.

Objection general

The municipality of Zoetermeer has a general objection committee. This committee advises the municipality on your objection. This concerns, for example, the rejection of an environmental permit, an urgency declaration or a subsidy. This committee does not advise on tax and social affairs.

After the committee makes a recommendation, the municipality makes a decision. The municipality does this within 12 weeks. This period begins on the day you can no longer object. In some cases this is extended by 6 weeks. You will always be informed about this. 

Submit appeal

Has your objection been rejected? Then you can usually file an appeal with the court. The decision will state whether or not you can. You must file an appeal within 6 weeks.

Frequently Asked Questions

I want to file an appeal. But I need more than 6 weeks to gather all the information. What do I need to do?

  • You file a preliminary objection.
  • In it you say that you disagree with the decision (for example, the tax assessment or WOZ assessment).
  • You indicate that you need more time to gather all the information.
  • You will then have extra time to collect all the data.
  • Send your final objection before the end of the extra time.

Will I get an extension of payment if I file an objection?

No, you will not get automatic deferral of payment. However, you can request postponement of payment in your objection. The municipality determines whether you will be granted a deferral.