Would you like to continue participating in society? But can't (yet) work or volunteer independently? Day care is for people with disabilities who want to participate in society.

There are 2 types of day care:

  • Employment-based day care.
  • Recreational day care.


Work-based day care is designed to give you a daily routine. It also increases your chances of employment.

Recreational day care is designed to make your days meaningful. Or to practice working.

Work-based day care

The municipality can help you if you are unable (yet) to work in a regular job or do voluntary work independently due to limitations.

In work-based day care you work with supervision in a group. For example, you will work in a restaurant or carpentry workshop. Industrial day care is suitable for you:

  • If you cannot work in a regular job (yet).
  • If you need a lot of guidance while working.

Are you unable to find a job yourself? Then you can ask the UWV for help. If the UWV cannot help you, they will refer you to the municipality of Zoetermeer for support with your day job.

For more information on day care, also check out the Zoetermeerwijzer.

Signing up for work-based day care

Sign up with inZet. They offer work-based day care activities. You do not need permission from the municipality for this.

Recreational day care

Recreational day activities are group activities. Examples of activities include:

  • cooking
  • jobs
  • crafting / painting
  • play games
  • gardening
  • hiking
  • sing

Signing up for recreational day care

Sign up with inZet. They offer recreational day care activities. You do not need permission from the municipality for this.

Independent client support

Do you have questions about care, housing, work, education or parenting? Then an independent client supporter can think along with you. They know what help is available and know the laws and rules. They can also mediate in case of complaints and problems with the municipality or care providers.

For example, they can help you by:

  • Clarify your request for help.
  • To help if you want to file a complaint.
  • Seeking the right help.
  • Making an appointment or going with you to an appointment.

The client supporters work at Adviespunt Zorgbelang and not at the municipality or a health care provider. The client supporters listen, think with you and advise. They have a duty of confidentiality. The help is free of charge. Young people can also contact the client supporters.

For more information, visit the website of Adviespunt Zorgbelang.