Protected housing (Wmo)

Protected housing is designed for mentally vulnerable people who cannot live on their own (temporarily). It consists of:

  • Supervised or assisted living.
  • Day care.

You may be able to live in sheltered housing if:

  • You have mental/psychiatric problems.
  • You are unable to live on your own (temporarily) or properly as a result.

Signing up for sheltered housing

A notification for Protected Housing can be made via the website of the municipality of The Hague.

After your registration

The municipality of The Hague will invite you to a counseling interview. Your counsellor, an acquaintance or an independent client supporter may be present at this interview. During the interview, the municipality will look at your personal situation.

Learn more

Would you like more information? Or do you need help filling out (online) forms? Then call the municipality of The Hague at telephone number 14 070.

Independent client support

Do you have questions about care, housing, work, education or parenting? Then an independent client supporter can think along with you. They know what help is available and know the laws and rules. They can also mediate in case of complaints and problems with the municipality or care providers.

For example, they can help you by:

  • Clarify your request for help.
  • To help if you want to file a complaint.
  • Seeking the right help.
  • Making an appointment or going with you to an appointment.

The client supporters work at Adviespunt Zorgbelang and not at the municipality or a health care provider. The client supporters listen, think with you and advise. They have a duty of confidentiality. The help is free of charge. Young people can also contact the client supporters.

For more information, visit the website of Adviespunt Zorgbelang.