You must always apply for and pick up a passport in person, including children.


  • A passport is valid for 10 years.
  • A passport for children up to 18 years old is valid for 5 years.
  • The passport is valid for all countries.

What do you need to apply for a passport

  • You must be registered in the municipality of Zoetermeer.
  • All identity cards and passports you still have. Even if they have expired.
  • Your foreign travel document (if you have one).
  • A good-looking color passport photo.
    • At the time of application, the photo must be no more than 6 months old.
    • Passport photo requirements are attached to the photo .
    • A headscarf is allowed, but the face and eyes must be fully visible. Also, the headscarf must be even and single-colored and contrast with the background.
  • Children up to 18 years old can apply on their own but only with the consent of all persons with parental authority. 

Online consent

  • All persons with (parental) authority complete the online form below. These persons then do not need to come with you to the appointment.
  • Consent given online is valid for 3 months.

Consent for passport or ID card for minor child

Personal consent

  • All persons with (parental) authority come with the child to the appointment and give permission at the front desk.
  • They all bring valid ID.

Giving written consent

  • Download the form"Consent passport or ID card for minor child (pdf).
  • All persons with (parental) authority complete and sign the form. You may also prepare your own statement.
  • The child brings the completed and signed form + IDs of all persons who completed the form to the appointment.

Is one of the persons with (parental) authority unable or unwilling to give permission? Then you can request substitute consent from the court in The Hague.

Rush passport application

Need a new passport quickly? Then take advantage of the rush application. Allow for additional fees. 

  • Call 14 079 to make an appointment. 
  • There is no need to make an appointment for pickup.
  • After your appointment at the front desk, the emergency application goes into effect.
  • Application before 2 p.m. at the counter > collect passport the next working day from 11 a.m. onwards.
  • Application after 2 p.m. at the counter > passport collection after 2 working days.
  • We are closed on Mondays. Emergency requests from Friday and Saturday are therefore to be picked up on Tuesday.

What do you need to pick up a passport

  • The pickup receipt you received with the application.
  • All travel documents to be turned in.
  • A valid ID.
  • Children up to 12 years old must come together with one of the persons with (parental) authority to collect the passport.
  • Children 12 years and older may come to pick up their passports themselves.

Passport lost, stolen, damaged or illegible?

Missing passport

Passport lost or stolen? Report it as soon as possible.

Reporting online

  • Your passport will be blocked immediately.
  • Complete the tax return using your DigiD.
  • You can only report your own passport as missing.
  • After the declaration, you can apply for a new passport.

Online missing passport declaration

Reporting in person at city hall

  • Your passport will not be blocked until the time of the appointment.
  • You must make an appointment for this.
  • At the front desk, a statement of missing is made.
  • After the declaration, you can apply for a new passport.

Appointment to report missing passport

Has your passport or ID card gone missing 3 or more times in 5 years? Then your data may be recorded in the Register of Passport Signals (RPS). The application for your new passport or ID card will then be stopped for a while. This may take 4 to 8 weeks. The outcome of the investigation may be that you will not receive a passport or ID card. Also, if your passport or ID card is found after you reported it missing, this will count.

Passport damaged or illegible?

  • You must have your passport replaced.
  • Make an appointment for this online.

Make an appointment

Tip: Also make an appointment to pick up your passport right away. 

Do you also want to apply for 1 or more identity cards? Please make a separate appointment for this via Identity Card.


Would you like to apply for passports for more people at the same time? You can indicate this in the appointment.

Apply for passport(s)


Notice! You must pick up a requested passport within 3 months or it will be destroyed.

Passport(s) collection

You can schedule an appointment up to 4 weeks from today's date.

Applications > Pick up

Requested onTo be picked up after 6 working days, at 
MondayTuesday the following week
TuesdayTuesday the following week
WednesdayWednesday the following week
ThursdayThursday the following week
FridayFriday the following week
SaturdayTuesday the following week

Pick-up on Monday is possible if you have requested more than 6 working days before.

Change or cancel appointment?

Once you have made an appointment you will receive a confirmation email. This e-mail also contains a link that allows you to change or cancel your appointment yourself.

Are you changing your appointment? Please remember to cancel your other appointment!

Do you no longer have the e-mail? Then call 14 079. A staff member can change or cancel the appointment for you.


You pay the fee when you apply for your passport. At the counter, you can only pay by debit card or cash.

Passport - up to 18 years of age€ 63,42
Passport - from 18 years of age€ 83,87
Business passport (66 pages instead of 34) up to 18 years of age€ 63,42
Business passport (66 pages instead of 34) from 18 years of age and up€ 83,87
Additional fees for rush application€ 57,09

Price changes and typographical errors reserved.

How long will it take?

You can pick up your passport after 6 working days. If you made an urgent application in the morning, you can pick up your passport the next business day.

If you no longer have your old passport and you have no other proof of identity, the municipality conducts research to determine your identity. As a result, it may take longer for you to get your passport.

Traveling with children

Are you traveling with children? For more information, check out: Traveling with children.

Emergency Passport

If you have lost your passport and need to travel immediately, you can apply for an emergency passport. Check the State Police | Emergency Passport website for more information.

You must turn in an (expired) emergency passport to the municipality. You can do this when you apply for a new passport. You can also turn it in during the process. We will make a note when you hand in the emergency passport.

Second passport

Do you travel a lot to conflicting countries for work? Or are you temporarily without a passport due to a visa application? Then you can apply for a second passport.

For more information, see: Second Passport.

Apply for passport after naturalization

You can do this from 5 days, after you have been at the naturalization ceremony.